[twocol_one]First Hour: The Bible Study
Psalm 2 – The Reign of the Lord’s Anointed.
Rev. John Lukomski of St. Paul/Trinity Lutheran Churches in Southern Illinois.
[/twocol_one] [twocol_one_last]Second Hour: Ask the Pastor
Our guest pastor answers questions about the Bible, Christian faith, etc.
Rev. Matt Clark of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Waterloo, Illinois.
The Reign of the Lord’s Anointed
(1) Why do the nations rage
and the peoples plot in vain?
(2) The kings of the earth set themselves,
and the rulers take counsel together,
against the Lord and against his Anointed, saying,
(3) “Let us burst their bonds apart
and cast away their cords from us.”
(4) He who sits in the heavens laughs;
the Lord holds them in derision.
(5) Then he will speak to them in his wrath,
and terrify them in his fury, saying,
(6) “As for me, I have set my King
on Zion, my holy hill.”
(7) I will tell of the decree:
The Lord said to me, “You are my Son;
today I have begotten you.
(8) Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage,
and the ends of the earth your possession.
(9) You shall break them with a rod of iron
and dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.”
(10) Now therefore, O kings, be wise;
be warned, O rulers of the earth.
(11) Serve the Lord with fear,
and rejoice with trembling.
(12) Kiss the Son,
lest he be angry, and you perish in the way,
for his wrath is quickly kindled.
Blessed are all who take refuge in him.