In our continued series on topics from Connected for Life, we talk about the importance of recruiting, involving, and supporting volunteers in youth ministry. DCE and classroom instructor Darius “Bo” Chapman joins us to provide insight and wisdom from his experience of working alongside and learning from volunteers in ministry.
- Find Connected for Life at cph.org/p-31891-Connected-for-Life-Essential-Guide-to-Youth-Ministry.aspx.
- Volunteer Longevity: youthesource.com/2018/10/23/volunteer-longevity
- The Spiritual Care and Nurture of Volunteers: youthesource.com/2012/05/15/the-spiritual-care-and-nurture-of-volunteers
- LCMS resources on Child Abuse Protection: lcms.org/social-issues/child-abuse
- Find the LCMS Youth Ministry resource website at youthesource.com.
Bio: Dr. Darius “Bo” Chapman serves as a Theology teacher at Faith Lutheran High School in Las Vegas, Nevada. He received his DCE Certification from Concordia University Texas and also holds a Doctorate in Human Resource Development from the University of Texas at Tyler. Before teaching in Las Vegas, he served as the Director of Student Ministries at St. Peter Lutheran Church in Macomb, MI. He and his wife April have been married for 17 years and have two beautiful children.
He loves listening to music (especially 80’s hair bands) and looks forward to attending concerts, travelling with his family once COVID is over, and enjoys ending the evening with a really good book.
End Goals is the podcast of LCMS Youth Ministry in the Office of National Mission. LCMS Youth Ministry Staff discuss practices for healthy youth ministry and interview practitioners who provide insight for experienced and new youth leaders.