Thy Strong Word
Hosted by Rev. Will Weedon, LCMS Director of Worship and International Center Chaplain.
With guest Rev. Thomas Eckstein of Concordia Lutheran Church in Jamestown, ND.
The Lord Is My Strength and My Song
12 You[a] will say in that day:
“I will give thanks to you, O Lord,
for though you were angry with me,
your anger turned away,
that you might comfort me.
2 “Behold, God is my salvation;
I will trust, and will not be afraid;
for the Lord God[b] is my strength and my song,
and he has become my salvation.”
3 With joy you[c] will draw water from the wells of salvation. 4 And you will say in that day:
“Give thanks to the Lord,
call upon his name,
make known his deeds among the peoples,
proclaim that his name is exalted.
5 “Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously;
let this be made known[d] in all the earth.
6 Shout, and sing for joy, O inhabitant of Zion,
for great in your[e] midst is the Holy One of Israel.”
- Isaiah 12:1 The Hebrew for you is singular in verse 1
- Isaiah 12:2 Hebrew for Yah, the Lord
- Isaiah 12:3 The Hebrew for you is plural in verses 3, 4
- Isaiah 12:5 Or this is made known
- Isaiah 12:6 The Hebrew for your in verse 6 is singular, referring to the inhabitant of Zion