Join us this week in the Ladies’ Lounge for an all-hands-on-deck 100th Episode Extravaganza!
Rachel gets the party started with a five-question “Trivia Challenge” covering the past, present, and future of restroom ladies’ lounges. She’s followed by Erin, who reveals her “Recipe Card” for a hospitable and well-equipped ladies’ lounge, and Sarah, who offers a pandemic-perfect “Hymn Sing” list of one-stanza hymns for proper handwashing, with demos sung by mission and ministry children. Closing out the festivities is Bri, who belts out a “Wild Card” smorgasbord of favorite moments from the show’s first 100 episodes in a hand-clapping, thigh-slapping musical tribute.
Links referenced include:
- “The Rise and Fall of the Women’s Restroom Lounge” (Bloomberg City Lab)
- “Ladies Rest Room” (Wikipedia)
- Homemade Poopourri Recipe (Happy Money Saver)
Many thanks to our one-stanza-hymn singers:
- “Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow“ (LSB 805. Text and tune public domain.): The kids from the Donuts and Devos Podcast
- “Kyrie! God, Father in Heav’n Above” (LSB 942. Text © 1941 Concordia Publishing House. Used with permission. Tune public domain.): Elanor Bomberger
- “Our Father Who Art in Heaven — I” (LSB 957. Text and tune public domain.): The Krey Family, serving in the Dominican Republic
- “God Word Is Our Great Heritage” (LSB 582. Text and tune public domain.): Sarah Gulseth
- “On My Heart Imprint Your Image“ (LSB 422. Text and tune public domain.): The Ladies’ Lounge hosts, plus the Krey Family, serving in the Dominican Republic
- “Create in Me” (LSB 956. Text and tune public domain.): The kids from the Donuts and Devos Podcast
Connect with the Lutheran Ladies on social media in The Lutheran Ladies’ Lounge Facebook discussion group (facebook.com/groups/LutheranLadiesLounge). Follow us on Instagram @lutheranladieslounge, and also follow Sarah (@hymnnerd), Rachel (@rachbomberger), Erin (@erinaltered), and Bri (@grrrzevske).
The Lutheran Ladies Lounge is the podcast produced by KFUO Radio and hosted by Sarah Gulseth, Erin Alter, Rachel Bomberger, and Bri Gerzevske. Created for Lutheran ladies to have a place to escape to with inviting conversations, laughter, and fellowship with Lutheran sisters, we invite all of you Lutheran ladies to join Sarah, Erin, Rachel, and Bri on the sofa in the Lutheran Ladies Lounge to sit, rest your feet, and stay a while. If you’re a Lutheran lady, join us in our Facebook group: facebook.com/groups/LutheranLadiesLounge.