[twocol_one]First Hour: The Bible Study
Jonah— Chapter 2 — Jonah’s Prayer.
With Guest :
Rev. Mark Hawkinson, Host of Moments of Assurance.
[/twocol_one] [twocol_one_last]Second Hour: Ask the Pastor
Our guest pastor answers questions about the Bible, Christian faith, etc.
David Lewis of Concordia Seminary in St. Louis, Missouri.
Jonah — Chapter 2
(1) Then Jonah prayed to the Lord his God from the belly of the fish, (2) saying,
“I called out to the Lord, out of my distress,
and he answered me;
out of the belly of Sheol I cried,
and you heard my voice.
(3) For you cast me into the deep,
into the heart of the seas,
and the flood surrounded me;
all your waves and your billows
passed over me.
(4) Then I said, ‘I am driven away
from your sight;
yet I shall again look
upon your holy temple.’
(5) The waters closed in over me to take my life;
the deep surrounded me;
weeds were wrapped about my head
(6) at the roots of the mountains.
I went down to the land
whose bars closed upon me forever;
yet you brought up my life from the pit,
O Lord my God.
(7) When my life was fainting away,
I remembered the Lord,
and my prayer came to you,
into your holy temple.
(8) Those who pay regard to vain idols
forsake their hope of steadfast love.
(9) But I with the voice of thanksgiving
will sacrifice to you;
what I have vowed I will pay.
Salvation belongs to the Lord!”
(10) And the Lord spoke to the fish, and it vomited Jonah out upon the dry land.