Pastor Brian Flamme joins Pastor Bryan Wolfmueller for the entire episode to continue their discussion on suffering and affliction. How does suffering attack us? Pastor Flamme and Pastor Wolfmueller dig into the seven theses of divine justice from Elihu in the book of Job. They are:
- God is not the cause of evil. Job 34:10
- God deals, not capriciously, but justly with men and all creation. Job 34:11
- If God punished according to justice, all life would end. Job 34:14-15
- God knows all of men’s actions and pleas for mercy. Job 34:21-28
- When God does not answer men’s cries, it is because of men’s pride. Job 35:12
- God deals in mercy with men by his Word. Job 36:10-12
- God’s mercy comes through suffering in that it opens men’s ears to hear his Word. Job 36:15
Read more about these at wolfmueller.co/elihu-2 and wolfmueller.co/jobsummary.
Guest Rev. Brian Flamme, pastor at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Roswell, New Mexico, joins host Rev. Bryan Wolfmueller, Pastor of St. Paul Lutheran Church and Jesus Deaf Lutheran Church in Austin, Texas, and author of the book Has American Christianity Failed?, to talk about curious topics to excite the imagination, equip the mind, and comfort the soul with God’s ordering of the world in the Law and Gospel. Tweet your questions to @bwolfmueller, or send questions and find curious resources at wolfmueller.co, and find playlists of interesting videos at youtube.com/user/Wolfmueller1.