It’s National Lutheran Schools Week—and to mark the occasion, Bri’s hosting an Adventures in Lutheranism episode about this beloved annual celebration of Lutheran education.
Drawing both from social media feedback and her own deep memories, Bri looks at the whys and hows of NLSW—from spirit days to field trips, chapel services to servant events.
Click to learn more about NLSW and discover ideas and resources for celebrating it in your Lutheran preschool, elementary school or secondary school.
Click to see adorable Lutheran school children perform “It’s Cool in a Lutheran School” or download PDFs (below) of the sheet music for NJ Malenke’s anthem (shared with permission).
- It’s Cool in a Lutheran School (Chorus & Countermelodies)
- It’s Cool in a Lutheran School (Countermelody #1)
- It’s Cool in a Lutheran School (Countermelody #2)
- It’s Cool In a Lutheran School (performance version, original wording)
- It’s Cool In a Lutheran School (performance version)
- “Brothers and Sisters in Christ.” Words and music by Terry K Dittmer. Copyright (c) 1983 by the author. Used with permission.
- “It’s Cool in a Lutheran School.” Words and Music by NJ Malenke. Copyright (c) 1986 by the author. Used with permission.
- Performance of “It’s Cool in a Lutheran School” by the children of St. Michael Lutheran School, Portage, MI. Used with permission.
Connect with the Lutheran Ladies on social media in The Lutheran Ladies’ Lounge Facebook discussion group (facebook.com/groups/LutheranLadiesLounge) and on Instagram @lutheranladieslounge. Follow Sarah (@hymnnerd), Rachel (@rachbomberger), Erin (@erinaltered), and Bri (@grrrzevske) on Instagram!
The Lutheran Ladies Lounge is the podcast produced by KFUO Radio and hosted by Sarah Gulseth, Erin Alter, Rachel Bomberger, and Bri Gerzevske. Created for Lutheran ladies to have a place to escape to with inviting conversations, laughter, and fellowship with Lutheran sisters, we invite all of you Lutheran ladies to join Sarah, Erin, Rachel, and Bri on the sofa in the Lutheran Ladies Lounge to sit, rest your feet, and stay a while. If you’re a Lutheran lady, join us in our Facebook group: facebook.com/groups/LutheranLadiesLounge.