Rev. David Fleming, Executive Director for Spiritual Care with DOXOLOGY: The Lutheran Center for Spiritual Care and Counsel, joins Andy and Sarah during Mental Health Awareness Week to talk about how DOXOLOGY supports pastors in their own spiritual care and caring for the souls in their congregations, the critical nature of pastors and church workers (and really everyone) to receive spiritual and mental health care, and where we start to seek our own support, both with pastors and counselors. Learn about the wonderful opportunities for pastors and congregations through DOXOLOGY at doxology.us.
Resources for mental health and wellness:
- doxology.us for pastoral and congregational spiritual and counseling care
- lcms.org/wellness for LCMS resources
- Insurance or medical sharing programs, supplemental coverage programs
- EAP (Concordia Plans members, look here)
- 211.org – find your local resources for each state / area
- ruralhealthinfo.org – find information for rural health. (Behavorial health: ruralhealthinfo.org/toolkits/telehealth/2/specific-populations/behavioral-health)
- nami.org/Videos/NAMI-Basics-OnDemand – National Alliance on Mental Illness. This link is for Mental Health Basics.
- mhanational.org/ – Mental Health America, mental health screenings
- hazeldenbettyford.org – substance use and treatment, other addiction treatment
- va.gov and lcms.org/armedforces for veterans and military personnel
Resources if you need immediate help:
- thehotline.org – National Domestic Violence Hotline – (800) 799−7233 or chat online
- crisistextline.org – Crisis Counseling via text message – text HOME to 741741
- suicidepreventionlifeline.org – National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – (800) 273-8255 or chat online
Have a topic you’d like to hear about on The Coffee Hour? Contact Andy Bates at email@example.com or call 314-996-1519.