In today’s episode, Rev. Bryan Wolfmueller talks about seven myths about death and dying. We’ll even tell you what the myths are and then you can listen to Rev. Wolfmueller talk about why they’re myths.
- Death is natural.
- After death, a Christian will be judged.
- When you die you become an angel.
- When you die you are through with your body.
- Cremation is a sin.
- Funerals are for the living, not the dead.
- Christians should not mourn or be sad, funerals should be a celebration.
Read the blog post from Rev. Jared Melius that Rev. Wolfmueller references: blogs.lcms.org/2011/myths-about-death-why-easter-matters-4-2011.
Each week, Rev. Bryan Wolfmueller, Senior Pastor at Hope Lutheran Church in Aurora, Colorado, and author of the book Has American Christianity Failed?, talks about curious topics to excite the imagination, equip the mind, and comfort the soul with God’s ordering of the world in the Law and Gospel. Tweet your questions to @bwolfmueller to send questions at bwolfmueller.co.
This program is a rebroadcast from September 17, 2018.