Smack dab in the middle of Mental Health Awareness Month, the Lutheran Ladies turn their attention toward a crucial aspect of personal health and wellness: “Stewardship of the Mind and the Emotions.”
Bri, who has lived with and successfully managed a mental health diagnosis throughout her adult life, leads this discussion, building on the “Stewardship of the Physical Body” conversation she first started last May. From regularly attending worship, to practicing self-care, to knowing when and how to seek professional help, this episode offers friendly, honest, hard-won wisdom on a range of topics relating to emotional wellness.
Click to learn more about the resources referenced in this episode:
- Archive of “Mental Health Monday” episodes on The Coffee Hour
- “Mental Health Monday” Coffee Hour episode about asking for help
- Faith and Family episode (featuring Pastor David Fleming and Deaconess Heidi Goehmann) on different kinds of counseling and when to talk to a pastor or psychologist
- Two-part Coffee Hour episode with Dr. Rick Marrs about the differences between professional counseling and pastoral care: Part 1 and Part 2
- Making Christian Counseling More Christ-Centered by Rick W. Marrs
- You Are What You Love: The Spiritual Power of Habit by James K. A. Smith
Connect with the Lutheran Ladies on social media in The Lutheran Ladies’ Lounge Facebook discussion group (facebook.com/groups/LutheranLadiesLounge). Follow us on Instagram @lutheranladieslounge, and also follow Sarah (@hymnnerd), Rachel (@rachbomberger), Erin (@erinaltered), and Bri (@grrrzevske).
The Lutheran Ladies Lounge is the podcast produced by KFUO Radio and hosted by Sarah Gulseth, Erin Alter, Rachel Bomberger, and Bri Gerzevske. Created for Lutheran ladies to have a place to escape to with inviting conversations, laughter, and fellowship with Lutheran sisters, we invite all of you Lutheran ladies to join Sarah, Erin, Rachel, and Bri on the sofa in the Lutheran Ladies Lounge to sit, rest your feet, and stay a while. If you’re a Lutheran lady, join us in our Facebook group: facebook.com/groups/LutheranLadiesLounge.