Deaconess Heidi Goehmann, LCSW, joins Andy and Sarah to talk about what telehealth is, benefits and drawbacks to utilizing telehealth for mental health services, and how to find resources and providers in your area.
Resources for information or how to get started:
- Insurance or medical sharing programs, supplemental coverage programs
- EAP (Concordia Plans members, look here)
- 211.org – find your local resources for each state / area
- ruralhealthinfo.org – find information for rural health. (Behavorial health: ruralhealthinfo.org/toolkits/telehealth/2/specific-populations/behavioral-health)
- nami.org/Videos/NAMI-Basics-OnDemand – National Alliance on Mental Illness. This link is for Mental Health Basics.
- mhanational.org/ – Mental Health America
- hazeldenbettyford.org – substance use and treatment, other addiction treatment
- Search for apps
Resources if you need immediate help:
- thehotline.org – National Domestic Violence Hotline – (800) 799−7233 or chat online
- crisistextline.org – Crisis Counseling via text message – text HOME to 741741
- suicidepreventionlifeline.org – National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – (800) 273-8255 or chat online
Hear Mental Health Mondays each Monday at 9am CT! Find all episode with the tag “Mental Health Monday.” View Deaconess Heidi’s Mental Health Playlist on Youtube and find all of her writings at heidigoehmann.com.
Have a topic you’d like to hear about on The Coffee Hour? Contact Andy Bates at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 314-996-1519.